Here are some frequently asked questions:
Are there membership fees?
No. There are no membership fees for our customers. Yet.
Will I have to buy vegetables I don’t want?
With Cape Locally Grown you get to order what you want, in the quantities that you want, from the farms that you want. The weekly email lists the produce, milled products, fresh flowers, and artisan goods available that week, and you can browse the items on this website before you place your order.
How do I order?
Each Thursday morning the Market opens. Customers must place their order for the week no later than Monday at 8:00 p.m. Orders can be placed here on our website.
When do I pay?
We accept credit cards on the website or cash or checks when you pick up your order.
When and Where do I pick up my order?
On Wednesday, customers can pick-up their order at one of our drop-off points:
- Dennis Scivally Park on Cape Rock Drive in Cape Girardeau (4:30 – 5:30 pm)
- Green’s Garden at Patton Junction (7:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- OR opt for home delivery for residences in Cape Girardeau or Jackson
Why Support Cape Locally Grown?
- Enhance your local economy: By purchasing produce and other items from local growers you are providing stability to your local economy through the support of local businesses.
- Save natural resources: Buying locally makes you an invaluable link in the process of saving resources such as fossil fuels and packaging materials. Also, we are right here in your community so the expense of transportation and delivery is kept to a minimum.
- Provide learning opportunities: Cape Locally Grown supporters provide member growers the means to help educate our community about the importance of sustainable agriculture.
- Supporting and preserving an historic way of life: The number of small farms in the United States has decreased dramatically in the last decade. Please help us preserve an honest and worthy means of making a living.
We believe that small, diverse, family-owned farms contribute to society’s overall health.