Pork and Potatoes with Salsa Verde
Recipe Type: Main Dish
A hearty, tasty meal!
- 1 Pound [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product/berkshire-pork-steak/” target=”_blank”]Pork Steak[/url]
- 3 Cups Chopped [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/produce/vegetables/potatoes/” target=”_blank”]Yukon Gold Potatoes[/url] (peel on, medium chunks)
- 1 ½ Cups [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product/salsa-verde-pack/” target=”_blank”]Charred Salsa Verde[/url]
- 1 Cup of Chicken Broth or Water
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Oil (or Lard)
- Fresh herbs in season (cilantro, etc)
- Salt, Pepper and minced [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/produce/vegetables/garlic/” target=”_blank”]Garlic[/url] to taste
- Cut pork steak into bite sized pieces. Sprinkle lightly with salt, pepper and rub with minced garlic. Add tablespoon of oil to a large skillet, and set heat on medium high heat. Once the skillet is hot, add pork and let brown lightly on one side. This will take 2-3 minutes. Then, stir to cook and brown other sides. Cook pork until it is all lightly browned and mostly cooked through.
- Next add green salsa, chicken broth and potatoes to the same skillet with the pork. Stir to combine everything. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low. Cover with a lid or tight fitting aluminum foil. Cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft and pork is fully cooked. Taste for salt and pepper, and adjust if needed. Serve with your favorite side dish or just with a couple of tortillas.