Recipe Type: Main Dish
“Embrace the joyful ride of eating with the seasons!” says Chef Joshua McFadden. This Spring Frittata makes a delicious brunch or great breakfast.
- 3 each Green Garlic or Green Onions
- 1/2 lb Asparagus
- 6 Eggs
- 4 handfuls Spinach
- 1 lb Sausage – cooked (optional)
- 1 pinch Seasoning Salt
- Saute green garlic and asparagus in 2 tbs melted butter in 10 inch cast iron skillet.
- Toss in and wilt 4 handfuls of torn spinach in cast iron pan with green garlic and asparagus.
- Beat 6 eggs until slightly foamy. Pour into sauteed veggies and sausage and let sit for 1 min.
- Then lift the eggs with a silicone spatula and let them flow down until the top is firm.
- Then broil in oven for 1 to 2 min until brown.
- You can invert pan and cool till warm or eat right out of the skillet.
- Add seasoning salt to taste.