Basic Salad with Fruity Vinaigrette
Recipe Type: Side Dish
We eat this all the time! With crispy lettuce and greens and this fruity vinaigrette….yum! This salad can be as simple or as complex as your ingredients allow—-fresh or fermented veggies, cheese, nuts, homemade croutons, cured meats, anchovies, etc.
- 1/2 gallon [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/produce/vegetables/salad-greens/” target=”_blank”]Salad Greens[/url]
- 1 bunch chopped [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/produce/vegetables/onions/” target=”_blank”]Green Onions[/url]
- 1/2 cup Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp seasonal [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/pantry/jams-jellies/” target=”_blank”]fruit jam[/url]
- 1/2 tsp seasoning Salt
- 1 clove minced [url href=”https://www.capelocallygrown.net/product-category/produce/vegetables/garlic/” target=”_blank”]garlic[/url]
- 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
- To prepare vinaigrette: Place cider vinegar, fruit jam, garlic, pepper, and salt and whisk until combined. Then whisk in the olive oil. Adjust seasoning with additional salt, or pepper, if desired.
- To prepare salad: Toss salad greens in a large bowl with half the vinaigrette. Mound on a large platter. Arrange onions on top of the greens. Drizzle the remaining vinaigrette over the salad.